Hard to move around Winamp Media Library
With Winamp Media Library, it's hard to move the music files folders to different locations/disk drives, while preserving the meta data (primarily the Play Count and Play Date). It allows for an XML export, however it is hard to browse the resulting .xml file.
A PHP script was written that helps determining the unique directory paths listed in the library (extensively using the SimpleXML class). It will also help summarizing the play count and last play date for each relevant song.
The script does not write to the library itself, however later on the extracted location information can aid with searching and replacing the (url encoded) paths inside the XML file using a suitable third party (normal or hex) editor suite
- extract unique path locations with corresponding file counts;
- extract file play counts (>= 2);
- extract file last played dates.
- rem D:\software\php\php-7.0.9\php.exe winampmedialibrary.php > winampmedialibrary.txt
- D:\software\php\php-7.0.9\php.exe winampmedialibrary.php
Winamp is a very convenient, relaxing and intelligently designed Windows music player application. Its Advanced Visualisation Studio ('AVS') is even suitable for some VisualJockey ('VJ') visuals
. Many plugins
- gen_*.dll, out_*.dll, in_*.dll, enc_*.dll, dsp_*.dll and pmp_*.dll for the main application
- ml_*.dll for Winamp Media Library
- *.ape for the Advanced Visualisation Studio (AVS)
- Preferences»"General Preferences"»Titles»"Advanced Title Formatting"»"Use advanced title formatting when possible"»"Advanced title display format" for scripting playlist display text